YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
JANUARY 12, 2015 - 7:00 PM
RONALD H. PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Mr. Miller
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report
- Executive Session. The Board met in Executive Session on December 15, 2014 prior to and following the Regular Monthly Meeting for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal issues.
- Board Committee Reports. Recommendation for a consistent set of procedures to be used for the posting and approval of Board Committee minutes.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - YS Music Boosters. Ronda Abel and Kristy Atkinson, Co-Presidents, will provide a brief report on the work of this organization.
- Wellness Update. Mr. Chris Adams, High School Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
- Wellspan Training Services Update. Mr. Chris Adams, High School Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
- York Suburban Education Support Personnel Association Negotiations. Dr. Merkle will report out on her brief meeting to officially open negotiations with YSESPA.
- Superintendent Evaluation
Survey Results. Dr. Merkle will provide a summary report of the evaluation survey results.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on January 26
- PlanCon Part J: Project Accounting Based on Final Costs - Yorkshire Elementary Building Project
- PlanCon Part J: Project Accounting Based on Final Costs - Valley View Elementary Building Project
- Opt-Out Resolution
- Turf, Track & Court, LLC, Athletic Facility Consultants - Professional Services for Running Track Renovations/Stadium Improvements ($19,675)
- Informational Items
- Facilities Projects Timeline Update
- Donation of $2,088 from David Turybury for a pitching machine.
- Donation from Trojan Wrestling Club of a spotlight for home wrestling matches, valued at $1,855.
- Student Board Representative Report - Jessica Renjilian
- Committee Reports - Mr. Miller
- Communications Committee - Mrs. Schroeder
- The minutes of December 1 are provided.
- So You Want to Be a Board Member? program
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
- The minutes of October 29 are provided.
- Proposed 2015-16 Lincoln Intermediate Unit General Operating Budget
- Proposed 2015-16 York County School of Technology Budget. Mr. Jon Boyer, Business Administrator from YCST, will provide a brief overview of the budget proposal and be available for questions.
- Personnel Committee - Ms. Shaffer
- Superintendent Evaluation Objective Performance Standards Rubric with Evidence
- Proposed Timeline for Superintendent Evaluation
- Next meeting: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 5:00pm
- Policy Review Committee - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of January 7 are provided.
- Policy Revisions. The Policy Review Committee reviewed the following policies and will recommend Board approval at the meeting on January 26:
- 302 - Employment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent
- 304 - Employment of District Staff
- 307 - Student Teachers/Interns
- 309 - Assignment and Transfer
- 312 - Performance Assessment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent
- 314 - Physical Examination
- 314.1 - HIV Infection
- 319 - Outside Activities
- 322 - Gifts
- 323 - Tobacco
- 324 - Personnel Files
- 325 - Dress and Grooming
- 326 - Complaint Process
- 328 - Compensation Plans/Salary Schedules
- 330 - Overtime
- 331 - Job Related Expenses
- 332 - Working Periods
- 333 - Professional Development
- 334 - Sick Leave
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
Committee Meeting Schedule
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Sears
The "...by Dawn's Early Light", highlights of the LIU Board Meeting of January 6 is provided.
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
There will be an Executive Session immediately following the meeting.