YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
MARCH 2, 2015 - 7:00 PM
RONALD H. PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
An Executive Session will be held prior to this meeting at 6:30 PM.
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Mr. Miller
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report - Mr. Miller
- Executive Session. The Board met in Executive Session prior to this evening's meeting for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal issues.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- Mini-THON Report. Mr. Oliver Good and Mr. Steve Whiteley will provide a summary of the recent Mini-THON.
- District Affiliated Report - YS Communities That Care. Rachel Scarpato will provide a brief report on the work of this organization.
- District Goals Quarterly Update. Mrs. Hasenfuss will provide an update on the work of the Student Needs Committee.
- Kindergarten Registration Update. Dr. Merkle will provide current numbers.
- York City Update. Dr. Merkle will provide a brief update on the status of the School District of the City of York.
- Special Education Plan. Mrs. Hasenfuss will present the Special Education Plan.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on March 16
- Before and After School Child Care and Half Day Kindergarten Enrichment Programs
- Restructure of Facilities Department
- PlanCon Part K Project Refinancing (Series 2015)
- Informational Items
- 2015-16 Budget Update
- All-Sports Booster Club - Donation in the amount of $1,245 for boys and girls volleyball jerseys
- Indian Rock PTO - Donations totaling $2,162.96 for Simple Machine Activity card sets, student agendas and pagefinders
- Student Board Representative Report - Jessica Renjilian
- Committee Reports - Mr. Miller
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
- The minutes of January 28 are provided.
- York Adams Academy Proposed 2015-16 General Fund Budget
- 2007 Bond Series Pay Off
- Policy Review Committee - Ms. Bates.
- The minutes of February 3 are provided.
- Policy Revisions. The Policy Review Committee reviewed the following policies and will recommend Board approval at the meeting on March 16:
- 619 - District Audit
- 621 - Local Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- 622 - GASB Statement 34
- 624 - Taxable Fringe Benefits
- 625 - Procurement Cards
- 626 - Federal Fiscal Compliance
- 701.1 - Naming Rights for School District Facilities
- 702 - Gifts, Grants, Donations
- 703 - Sanitary Management
- 704 - Maintenance
- 705 - Safety
- 706 - Property Records
- 706.1 - Disposal of Obsolete/Outdated Equipment
- 707 - Use of School Facilities/Groups
- 707 - Use of School Facilities/Groups - Attachment 1
- 708 - Lending of Equipment and Books
- 709 - Building Security
- 709.1 - Video Surveillance
- 710 - Use of Facilities by Staff
- 713 - Trespassing
- delete 714 - Use of Outdoor Lighting for Evening Events
- 716 - Integrated Pest Management
- 717 - Cellular Telephones
- 718 - Service Animals in Schools
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
Committee Meeting Schedule
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Sears
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The Mini-Board Report of the Joint Operating Committee meeting of February 26 is provided.
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
There will be an Executive Session immediately following the meeting.