YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
AUGUST 31, 2015 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Mr. Miller
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report - Mr. Miller
- The Board met in Executive Session prior to the special board meeting on August 24, 2015 for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal issues.
- Reminder: PSBA representatives will be meeting with the Board President and Superintendent on September 1 at 12:00. This is a customer service outreach. If any Board members would like to attend, please let Mrs. Erwine know this evening.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - Music Boosters - Kristy Atkinson and Ronda Abel, Co-Presidents, will provide a brief report on the work of this organization.
- Student Achievement Reports (Dr. Gulley, Dr. Grove, Dr. Krauser)
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on September 21
- Next Year's Budget Calendar
- The Administration recommends approval of the one-time exoneration and refund of an interim tax bill for 2015 school taxes in the amount of $7,300 regarding certain real property located at 3013 East Market Street, Springttsbury Township, York County, Pennsylvania, bearing Tax Parcel Number 46-000-JJ-0011.00-00000, formerly owned by the Springettsbury Township Volunteer Fire Company. The Administration and solicitor are authorized to take all necessary steps to effectuate the exoneration and refund of the aforementioned taxes.
- Informational Items
- Facilities Projects Update
- Donation from Yorkshire Elementary PTO in the amount of $1,135.91 for Durham School Services transportation for May field trips to Perry Dell, Flinchbaugh Nursery and Strand Theatre.
- Student Board Representative Report - Elizabeth Huh
- Committee Reports - Mr. Miller
- Facilities Committee - Mrs. Freireich
- The minutes of July 22 are provided.
- The Facilities Committee recommends authorizing the Administration to move forward with approval of advertising and soliciting for bids for the High School Trojan field replacement.
- Capital Plan Update
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of May 27 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of June 2 are provided.
- The Policy Review Committee will be recommending approval of the following policy revisions.
- Delete 410 - Abolishing a Position
- Delete 420 - Freedom of Speech in Noninstructional Settings
- Delete 429 - Substitute Compensation
- Delete 453 - Employee Assistance Program
- Delete 527 - Mid-Level Supervisors
- Delete 529 - Substitute Compensation
- Delete 546 - Wage Continuation
- Delete 553 - Employee Assistance Program
- 707 - Use of School Facilities/Grounds - Rental Contract, Attachment 3
- 916 - Volunteers; Attachment 1; Attachment 2
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Sears
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The YCST Joint Operating Committee Mini-Board Report of August 27 is provided.
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
THERE WILL BE AN EXECUTIVE SESSION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.