YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
OCTOBER 5, 2015 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Mr. Miller
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report - Mr. Miller
The Board met in Executive Session following the regular monthly meeting on September 21, 2015 for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal issues.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - All-Sports Boosters - Carol Kauffman, President, will provide a brief report on the work of this organization.
- Student Demographic Report - Mrs. Gross will provide information on new students and general demographics.
- Major Personnel/Vendor Agreements - Dr. Merkle will update the Board on the status of these Agreements.
- Comprehensive Plan - Dr. Maloney will provide a brief update on the status of the Plan.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on October 19
- The Administration recommends approval of the Preventive Maintenance Agreement with Tyco Simplex Grinnell for Fire Alarm Test and Inspection, Access Control Software Services, Emergency Service, Fire Alarm Monitoring and Burglar Alarm Monitoring Districtwide for a total annual cost of $39,573. This is a three year agreement.
- The Administration recommends approval of advertising and soliciting of bids for the Middle School Partial Roof Replacement.
- The Administration recommends approval of the Proposal for Professional Services required for renovations to the Trojan Field with Turf, Track & Court, LLC in the amount of $22,575.
- Informational Items
- 2016 Budget Update
Broad Budget Goals
- York Suburban High School All-Sports Booster Club - $3,641.56 (Boys Volleyball - $970.83 for volleyballs, Golf - $488 for shirts, Field Hockey - $532.46 for supplies, Swimming - $1,650.27 for various supplies)
- Student Board Representative Report - Elizabeth Huh
- Committee Reports - Mr. Miller
- Academic Standards & Curriculum Committee - Mrs. Clancy
The minutes of July 20 are provided.
- Facilities Committee - Mrs. Freireich
The minutes of August 19 are provided.
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of April 22 and August 26 are provided.
- Personnel Committee - Ms. Shaffer
- The first Fireside Chat of the year is scheduled for November 3 at 6:30. The following Board members will participate: Roger Miller, Cathy Shaffer, Lois Ann Schroeder and Emily Bates
- The minutes of May 12 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of August 18 are provided.
- The Policy Review Committee will be recommending approval of the following policy revisions.
- 806 Child/Student Abuse
- 819 Suicide Prevention
- 913.1 Distribution of Literature and Commercial Advertising - A brief statement will be added to this policy stating that contracts with District vendors may be considered separate from this policy. The solicitor is working on the statement and it will be added for the voting meeting.
- 913.2 Commercial Sponsorship Agreements - A brief statement will be added to this policy stating that contracts with District vendors may be considered separate from this policy. The solicitor is working on the statement and it will be added for the voting meeting.
- 210 Medication Attachment will become an Administrative Regulation (210-AR-0)
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Sears
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The YCST Joint Operating Committee Mini-Board Report of September 24 is provided.
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
There will be an Executive Session immediately following the meeting.