YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
NOVEMBER 2, 2015 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Mr. Miller
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report - Mr. Miller
The Nominations Committee will meet November 17 at 6:15 PM.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - YS Communities That Care - Kristy Atkinson, CTC Mobilizer, and Rachel Scarpato, CTC Board President, will provide a brief report on the work of this organization.
- High School French Society - The high school administration is requesting Board approval of the French Society, which will provide students with the opportunity to engage in activities that promote the study of French. Proposed activities include French week at the high school, adoption of a needy family for the holidays, and additional activities to promote French culture and language. Mr. Robinson will serve as the volunteer advisor and the District will establish a Student Activities Account.
- High School Band - Dr. Ellis will provide an update on the preliminary recommendation for changing the structure of the high school band as a course.
- York Academy Regional Charter School Renewal - Dr. Merkle will provide an update on the YARCS renewal application process.
- York County Board of Commissioners' Proclamation - National Association of Elementary School Principals - Dr. Mary Beth Grove, 2015 National Distinguished Principal
- Special Education Needs - The Administration will present data to demonstrate the need for an additional half-time Learning Support position.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on November 16
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the 2014-15 Audit Report.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of a transfer of $700,000 to the Capital Reserve Fund.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of advertising and soliciting of bids for the High School sidewalk repair.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the Opt-Out Resolution which states that the District budget for the 2016-17 fiscal year will not have a tax increase that exceeds the Act 1 Index of 2.4%.
- Informational Items
- All-Sports Booster Club donation in the amount of $705 for swim bags
- All-Sports Booster Club donation in the amount of $1,017.66 - $320 for boys tennis jerseys, $384.82 for boys and girls volleyball, $289.94 for boys lacrosse and $22.90 for swimming.
- Student Board Representative Report - Elizabeth Huh
- Committee Reports - Mr. Miller
- Facilities Committee - Mrs. Freireich
The Facilities Committee recommends authorizing the Administration to move forward with approval for advertising and soliciting bids to renovate the kitchen and dining area of the Middle School as well as adding a secure entrance.
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of September 30 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of September 29 are provided.
- The Policy Review Committee will be recommending approval of the following policy revision.
006 - Meetings
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Sears
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The YCST Joint Operating Committee Mini-Board Report of October 29 is provided.
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.