York Suburban School District
Prior to the Board Meeting
January 9, 2017 - 6:00 PM
Provard Education Center
1. State of the District Presentation
2. Budget Status Presentation
YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
JANUARY 9, 2017 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Public Comment. All comments and questions will be addressed to the President. Board and staff members will not normally respond to comments or questions during the meeting unless recognized by the President for this purpose. Comments will be limited, at the discretion of the President, to five minutes or less.
- Board President's Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - YS Dollars for Scholars - Karen Evans, Vice-President, will provide a report on the work of this organization.
- 2017-18 Calendar DRAFT
- The Administration will be recommending Board approval of a mid-year graduation for a student who successfully met all the requirements of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the York Suburban School District during her first semester of full-time concurrent enrollment at the Pennsylvania State University - York Campus.
- The Administration will be recommending Board approval of the renaming of the French Society to the French Club.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on January 23
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the IRS Mileage Reimbursement Rate of $.535 per mile for the 2017 calendar year. The rate for the 2016 calendar year was $.54.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the closing of the National English Honor Society, National French Honor Society, National German Honor Society and National Spanish Honor Society Student Activity Accounts to be consolidated into the National Honor Society. Consolidating these accounts into one is the premise that the Honor Societies will work collectively when fundraising. This will also increase the number of students participating in given efforts while not having the students participating in multiple fundraisers across the various organizations.
- The Administration submits the proposed 2017-18 York County School of Technology Budget for consideration and approval.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the three year Agreement with Cummins Power Systems, LLC for District wide preventive maintenance services for back-up generators at a total cost of $14,271.
- Informational Items
Donation of $261.84 from York Suburban Middle School PSO for Frank Theater field trip.
- Student Board Representative Report - Peyton Stuart
- Committee Reports - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of November 22 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Mr. Thoman
The Policy Review Committee will be recommending approval of the following policy revisions.
- 007 Policy Manual Access
- 304 Employment of District Staff
- 305 Employment of Substitutes
- 306 Employment of Summer School Staff
- 317 Conduct/Disciplinary Procedures
- 317.1 Educator Misconduct (New)
- 827 Conflict of Interest
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Robinson
The LIU ...by Dawn's Early Light Board Meeting Highlights of January 3 is provided.
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public. All comments and questions will be addressed to the President. Board and staff members will not normally respond to comments or questions during the meeting unless recognized by the President for this purpose. Comments will be limited, at the discretion of the President, to five minutes or less.
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.