Welcome to YSHS 2021-22!
We hope everyone had a great summer and is excited to get back to in-person learning this school year. The following high school specific information complements an email that all parents should have received from the district outlining the process for checking demographic and health information in Infinite Campus. If you did not receive the email, you can access the content of the message via this link. All of our students should also have received a letter from Dr. Ellis. If you they did not receive the letter, you can access a copy of the letter via this link.
First Day(s) of School:
- Freshman (Grade 9) will begin on Wednesday, August 18. Those students should arrive to the cafeteria by 7:45 AM.
- All students should plan to be in their flex room at the high school by 7:50 AM on Thursday, August 19. This year, school begins at 7:50 rather than 7:55!!
Arriving to School:
- Our bus riders are dropped off in the back of the high school near the cafeteria. Students will enter through the back lobby.
- Parents driving their students to school are asked to drop their students off in the front of the building so they enter through the front lobby.
- On Thursday, August 19 and Friday, August 20 students will go directly to their flex room upon arriving. Starting, Monday, August 23, students will go directly to their 1st Period classroom. Students will not congregate in the cafeteria or lobby as they did in prior years; however, students may stop by the cafeteria to pick up and eat breakfast if they'd like.
- Open House (Freshmen, New Students, and Last Year’s TOP Students) - The high school will be open the evening of Wednesday, August 11 from 6:00 to 8:00 if you would like to visit the building and find your way around.
- School Pictures - Please also be aware that we have scheduled school pictures the first week of the year. Students in 9th through 11th grade will have pictures taken on Friday morning, August 20th. Senior pictures will be taken on August 31 - September 3 by appointment only. If you need additional information, please contact the HS office.
- Back to School Night - Please also mark your calendar for our Back to School on the evening of Thursday, September 2, 2021. The night is a great opportunity for you to meet your child’s teachers and learn more about what they will be doing this year. More information will be provided in a few weeks.
Student Course Schedules: We will be releasing student schedules the morning of Wednesday, August 11 via Infinite Campus. Please plan to log on to review the schedule and contact your child’s counselor if you have any questions regarding the schedule.
Freshman Student Orientation (Link Crew): All freshman students will receive a phone call from their Link Crew leader during the week of August 9. (Link Crew leaders are upperclassmen student volunteers who are committed to helping our freshman have a great first year of high school!)
Student Supplies: There is no general “Supply List” for high school students. Each teacher will provide his/her students with a list of the supplies needed for each particular class during the first day of that class.
Junior/Seniors (Armed Forces Notification) - The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania passed into law House Bill No. 10, which requires the Superintendent of every public school district to make available, upon request, the names, addresses and phone numbers of junior and senior students to U.S. Armed Forces’ recruiters. If you do NOT wish to have your name and address released to the military recruiters this year, please provide a request in writing to the high school office by the last day of August.
Additional Optional Documents and Information
- Athletic Event Entrance Policy - Please review this document if you plan to attend York Suburban sporting events this year.
- Activity Fee Payment Transmittal - Please complete this form if you are paying the student activity fee by cash, check, or money order.
- Activity Fee Waiver Application - Please complete this form if you are experiencing economic hardship and are requesting your fee be waived.
- Free or Reduced Meal Information and Application - A Free or Reduced Meal Application must be completed at the beginning of each year in order to be eligible for Free or Reduced Meals.
- K12 Payment Center - If you wish to deposit funds for students to use in the cafeteria. Please use this payment center.
- What's for Lunch? - This is a link to the planned meals in the cafeteria.
- Medication Form for Medication Administered by the Nurse's Office - Students are not permitted to carry prescription or OTC medicine except as permitted by Board Policy. Parents of students that need a prescription medicine to be administered in school must complete the linked form.
- Medication Form for Self-Administered Medication - Parents of students that use/carry an EpiPen or Inhaler must complete this form.
- Student Accident Insurance - Parents who are interested in purchasing supplemental accident insurance can review this information.
“Year-Round” Parent/Guardian Resources - There is a wealth of additional information on our district and school website. Please check out the " Resources for Parents/Guardians" page that can be found by selecting the Parent/Guardian Resources button in the upper left corner of each building's web page.
We are excited to start the 2021-22 school year! Please let us know if there is anything you need to help make the school year great for your child!