We truly appreciate your time and dedication to our Student-Athletes!
York Suburban has adopted the Run Hide Fight model of handling Active Shooter Situations. Please review the video below for some excellent pointers.
- High School Teams are expected to hold a banquet at the end of the season. The All-Sports Booster Club provides some funds to offset the cost of the banquet - see link below for more information. Middle School Teams are encouraged to hold an end-of-season celebration; however, no funds are currently available to support the event.
- Date, Time, Location: HS Varsity Coaches, please contact, or have your team parent contact, the Administrative Assistant for Athletics to set-up a date, time, & location for your banquet at least 2 months prior to your proposed banquet date so that invitations may be sent to the Board, and the District and High School Administration. Banquets are traditionally held in the High School Cafeteria at 6:30pm; however, some coaches choose to hold their banquet at an alternate location or time. MS Head Coaches, please contact, or have your team parent contact, the Administrative Assistant for Athletics to set-up a date, time, & location for your end-of-season celebration at least 2 months prior to your proposed date so that it can be added to the AD and At's calendar. End-of-Season celebrations are traditionally held in the Middle School Cafeteria; however, some coaches choose to hold them at an alternate location.
- Format: HS Coaches, please choose a format (meal and awards presentation OR desserts and awards presentation) for your banquet if being held in the High School Cafeteria and communicate this information to the Administrative Assistant for Athletics to be included on the invitation sent to the Board and Administration.
- Certificates of Participation: All student-athletes and managers will receive a Certificate of Participation each season they participate with a team. These will be provided to you mid-season to avoid the end-of-season rush. Please review the certificates when you receive them and ask for any changes or missing certificates early so that all participants receive their certificate at the end-of-season celebration or banquet.
- Varsity Awards: HS varsity coaches will be asked to recommend any of their varsity players for a varsity award who have met the criteria set forth by the district. Please see the Recommendation Instructions for additional information.
- Programs: HS Coaches are encouraged, but not required, to have programs for their banquet. They can be as minimal as a one page document or as complex as you desire. Help with collating and copying is available from the Administrative Assistant for Athletics proved at least a week's notice is given prior to your event.
- Additional Banquet Information from the Booster Club
Hazing Policy - Please review!
- Transportation needs: Please let the Administrative Assistant for Athletics know of your transportation needs for post-season as soon as you are aware that you will be advancing to the post-season.
- Meal Money: If your team is going to the post-season (and qualifies based on round and location) for meal money, please contact the Administrative Assistant for Athletics at least 3 days prior to your event in order to obtain Tax Exempt Certificates for locations where you may eat. You will need to get the p-card from the Athletic Director before leaving in order to pay for the meal. Detailed receipts must be turned in when the p-card is returned.
Per PIAA and PA DoE, a Concussion Awareness Course and a Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training Course are to be completed each school year prior to holding practice with students-athletes.
Completion certificates to be turned in to the Administrative Assistant to the AD prior to the beginning of the season.
Per PIAA, a First Aid Course and a Coaching Principles Course must be completed in order to coach at PIAA Member Schools within the first two years of hire, or by 6/30/18 if hired prior to 7/1/16.
York Suburban uses SafeSchools to administer these courses. Shortly after hire, you should receive an email with log-in information.
- Coaches, it is your responsibility to collect uniforms at the end of the season.
- Place uniforms in large clear bags which will be provided by Mr. Siple in your mailboxes.
- Indicate the name of your sport on the bag.
- Place the bag in your closet when all uniforms are collected and contact Mr. Siple.
- Mr. Siple and his staff will wash and return the uniforms to the area from which they collected them.
- Contact the office following uniform collection with the names of any students who did not turn in their uniform or parts of their uniform so obligations can be created.
- Let the office know if you recieve any uniforms after obligations have been submitted.
In order to maintain the high standards represented by these awards, please adhere to this policy when recommending student-athletes and managers for varsity awards:
If you are going to drive a Reliance van for a sporting event, you will need to provide the Athletic Office with a photocopy or your driver's license and a completed Record's Release Form.
WellSpan's AT Athlete Database: