New Student Registration Instructions
York Suburban School District uses an online, electronic registration process which will require a computer, internet, and the ability to scan documents. Documents with multiple pages will need to be uploaded as PDFs. The documents can be scanned using an application on a phone or tablet (such as CamScanner) or a traditional scanner connected to a computer. Printed versions of the registration forms are not available. If you do not have the appropriate technology, you can complete the application and scan your documents at the following locations:
- Lee R. Glatfelter Library; 1031 Edgecomb Avenue, York, PA 17403; (717)771-4020*
- Schmidt Library; 441 Country Club Road, York, PA 17403; (717)815-1304*
- Martin Library; 159 E Market Street, York, PA 17401; (717)846-5300*
- Ronald H. Provard Education Center; 1800 Hollywood Drive, York, PA 17403; (717)885-1210
*At some locations you may need to provide your own USB flash drive in order to transfer electronic files from the scanner to the computer.
Prior to logging in for the first time, please gather the following documents:
- Proof of Residency
- Acceptable documents include:
- A current lease listing the names of the minor occupants, among other basic requirements
- The most recent real estate tax bill if it’s in the name of at least one of the student’s biological parents or legal guardians with whom the student lives
- The final, signed version of the Closing Disclosure or Settlement Statement if it’s in the name of at least one of the student’s biological parents or legal guardians with whom the student lives and a real estate tax bill has not yet been received
- Completed residency affidavit if the biological parents or legal guardians with whom the student lives do not rent and do not own the home
- Acceptable documents include:
- Photo ID of the parent/guardian completing the application
- Immunization records for the student(s)
- Birth certificate for the student(s)
- IMPORTANT: Students being enrolled in kindergarten must turn five prior to September 1st. Students being enrolled in first grade must turn six prior to September 1st.
- Replacement certificates for those born in Pennsylvania can be obtained by contacting the Division of Vital Records at:
- 555 Walnut Street, 1st Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Guardianship paperwork, if applicable
- Custody paperwork, if applicable
- The following items can be uploaded into the application. While they are not required in order to submit an application, you will need to submit them directly to the school building if they are not uploaded during the registration process.
Most or all of these documents will be required in order for the student’s application to be considered. Additional documents not listed above may be required depending on your situation. It is recommended that you scan and save each document electronically prior to starting the application.
If you enter your information and click on the button to begin a new registration, but it appears that nothing happens, follow these steps:
- Check to see if the subsequent screen was opened by your browser in a new, minimized window.
- Make sure that your browser’s pop-up blocker is configured to allow pop-ups or you may not be able to move through the system properly or at all. How to turn off the pop-up blocker.
What happens after I submit an application for a new or returning student?
After you submit an application, you will receive email updates as the status of the application changes. The student is not enrolled in York Suburban until your application is reviewed by the appropriate District personnel and approved. After it is approved, you will receive an email with more details about the next steps. If the application is not approved, you will receive an email about what needs to be changed in order for the it to be approved or an explanation as to why the student is not eligible to be enrolled in York Suburban.
If your application is approved over the summer, you will likely start to receive communication from the student’s school building closer to the start of the new school year. If you are transferring a student to York Suburban during the current school year, the student is typically able to start within 2-3 school days after the application is approved. The school building will contact you once an official start date has been determined.
Contact the Central Registration office at (717)885-1215 if you have any questions.
Ready to begin?
Click on the "Register Now" button to create an account, upload your documents, and submit a registration application.