East York Elementary
OH THE PLACES YOU CAN GO!
04 - Envirothon 3:30-5:00
05 - YS Spirit Day - Wear Orange and Black
After School Bowling 3:30-5:15
06 - KPets Visit 8:15-10:30
Big Brothers/Big Sisters 3:30-4:45
07 - Clubs
11 - Envirothon 3:30-5:00
12 - After School Bowling 3:30-5:15
Culture Club Event 6:00 pm in the All Purpose Room
13 - Friendship Parties
Early dismissal @ 12:45 PM
14 - No School. Professional Staff Development.
17 - No School.
18 - Envirothon 3:30-5:00
19 - After School Bowling 3:30-5:15
20 - Big Brothers/Big Sisters 3:30-4:45
21 - Clubs
25 - East York T-Shirt Day
One School One Book Kickoff
26 - After School Bowling 3:30-5:15
27 - Big Brothers/Big Sisters 3:30-4:45
Want to sign up to be a Spike's Lunch Buddy with your child?
To sign up you must be school board approved for volunteering. Remember to pack your lunch to eat with your student!
FEBRUARY LUNCH BUDDY SIGN UP
MARCH LUNCH BUDDY SIGN UP
GLOW PARTY REWARD
FRIENDSHIP DAY MASH UP
Greetings from East York Nurse’s Office! The nurses here at ‘The Best Place on Earth’, strive to promote a safe and healthy environment for all students and staff. You can help by following these guidelines to help prevent the spread of illness and infection at East York.
Children should not come to school:
- With a fever (temperature over 100). Children should be fever free for 24 hours (without the use of fever reducing medication) before returning to school
- With vomiting or severe diarrhea. They may return to school after 12 hours with no symptoms.
- With a persistent cough that interferes with their ability to learn.
- With known chicken pox, ringworm or impetigo, until released by a physician for school attendance (please call with specific questions).
- Children with head lice must be treated and checked by the school nurse upon returning to school.
- With irritated, red, itchy eyes with mucus discharge (crusting on lashes).
- With unusual rash, or rash associated with a fever. Children who develop a fever (over 100.0) at school will be sent home promptly.
Reminder for third grade parents—all 3rd graders need a dental examination, required by the state. Click here for a dental form, see the district website for one or call the nurse’s office. If your child is still in need of a dental-a form will be sent home.
Routine annual influenza vaccination is recommended for all persons aged 6 months and older who do not have contraindications. The best place to start is to consult your family physician about how you can receive the flu vaccine or visit www.flu.gov for more information. Vaccination optimally should occur before onset of influenza activity in the community. Vaccination should be offered as long as influenza viruses are circulating. >>>>>NOW is a perfect time to get the flu vaccine!>>>>>>
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the nurse’s office at 885-1240.