York Suburban School District educates, challenges, and prepares students to shape the future.
Through a passion for learning, a nurturing environment, and meaningful contributions from families and school, all students will have plentiful opportunities to grow and explore in this academically excellent school district.
- Student needs are our driving force;
- Each student is unique and has innate value;
- Students thrive in an environment where they feel safe, are involved, and are connected with the school;
- Learning is a process, not an ending;
- Responsible citizenship and ethical behavior are fostered in our school environment;
- Diversity is to be honored and respected;
- Supporting and retaining a qualified, innovative and enthusiastic staff is essential to providing a quality education;
- Collaboration with family and community is critical to educating our students;
- Effective methods and technologies in the classroom are vital to maintaining excellence in a changing world;
- Physical facilities should be safe, clean and designed to support the educational programs;
- Excellence in education can be provided within available fiscal resources;
- High quality public education directly benefits the entire community and is integral to the preservation of our society.
2017 - 2018 District Goals
Research, develop, and implement programs to support the diverse academic needs of all students.
Research the mental health needs of all students and develop and implement programs to address the needs.
Develop, implement, and enhance District cultural practices and programs to create a more inclusive community.
Implement specific strategies to ensure student academic growth and achievement.
With an emphasis on fiscal responsibility, the District will develop and implement enhancements in human resources, technology infrastructure, and facilities to support student success.