Please review this policy each season to refresh yourself on the expectations for positive interactions among all student-athletes.
Prior to the first day of tryouts or practice, a fully-completed PIAA CIPPE (Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation) form must be turned in to the high school or middle school Athletic Trainer for any student who intends to participate in interscholastic sports. The PIAA CIPPE form must be dated after May 31st and shall be effective, regardless of when performed during a school year, until the next May 31st. The CIPPE form can be picked up at the high school office or printed by clicking on this link:
After the student has completed a CIPPE form, should they play another sport in another season during the same school year, they must complete a PIAA CIPPE Recertification form. The CIPPE Recertification form can be picked up at the high school office or printed by clicking on this link:
York Suburban normally offers two Sports Physical Clinics each summer. Information on these clinics is published on the website and social media. If you are unable to attend one of the clinics, below is a list of some alternatives.
WellSpan Urgent Orthopedics – Injury Center Location
WellSpan Urgent Orthopedics provides a convenient walk-in option for obtaining a PIAA pre-participation physical evaluation. Student athletes may walk-in to the WellSpan Urgent Orthopedics during working hours. Please be sure to bring a fully completed PIAA CIPPE form along with you. Payment is due at the time of the physical. Wait times may vary based on patient volumes at the center. Once your physical is finished, please turn your completed packet in to the high school office.
2319 S George St, York, PA 17403
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
400 Loucks Rd, York, PA 17404
Hours: Daily, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
(if parent prefers)
Cost: Varies based on insurance
2960 E. Market Street, York, PA 17402
Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Cost: $20 (ages 4-18)
**Information Subject to Change Without Notice**
Preparing for the Season
Any student-athlete who is planning on participating in a PIAA interscholastic sport must take care of the following BEFORE the first day of practice for the season they plan to participate.
- Submit a completed PIAA CIPPE Physical Form dated after May 31st. (Please note – the physical packet should have “Revised: March 22, 2017” in the lower lefthand corner. Packets without this revision date are outdated and you may be asked to complete the form again.) PIAA CIPPE Recertification Form are not valid for fall sports, but are required for student-athletes participating in their second or third season of the school year.
- Pay the Student Activity Fee (SAF) for the current school year. The SAF can be paid online through Infinite Campus or in the Main Office of the High School or Middle School using the SAF Transmittal Form. Students who are unable to pay the fee due to financial hardship must qualify for free or reduced lunch and submit a completed SAF Waiver Request Form to the Athletic Director to be considered for a fee waiver.
- Fulfill any outstanding obligations (lost uniforms, books, library fines, detentions, etc.)
- In lieu of turning in the Contract for Participation and Insurance Waiver listed in Steps A and B below, a High School student can turn in a fully-completed HS Parent/Guardian/Student Sign-Off Sheet or a Middle School student can turn in a fully-completed MS Parent/Sign-Off Sheet. These forms ONLY need to be turned in ONCE per school year.
- Submit a signed copy of the Contract for Participation in Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular Activities Form.
- Submit a signed copy of the Proof of Insurance Form.
Students who do not have the above submitted/satisfied will not be allowed to participate until all items are submitted/satisfied.
Video About the Contract for Participation