2020 FALL Athletes – Sports Physicals @ Apple Hill
YSSD has collaborated with Wellspan to offer sports physicals for YS Athletes at Apple Hill. (Sign-up link below)
- Where: Apple Hill, 25 Monument Road, Suite 290
- When: Wed. July 29th, 2020, 6:00-8:00pm
- Who: Fall Sports Athletes
- Cost: $15.00 cash or check payable to YSSD
- Mask required
- No walk-ins can be accepted
- Athletes-only allowed in building. Due to capacity numbers, parents/guardians must wait outside. Parents will be escorted inside if for any reason the physician needs to speak with them.
- Please arrive during your scheduled time slot only.
- If early, please wait until your scheduled time to enter the building
- If late, you may only be seen if another athlete does not show up
APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED, SPACE IS LIMITED – SIGN UP HERE
*If you’re unable to obtain a sports physical on July 29 at Apple Hill, please note that you can obtain a sports physical from any Wellspan Walk-in Clinic for a $15 fee. Wellspan Urgent Care Locations
Please review this policy each season to refresh yourself on the expectations for positive interactions among all student-athletes.
Prior to the first day of tryouts or practice, a fully-completed PIAA CIPPE (Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation) form must be turned in to the high school or middle school Athletic Trainer for any student who intends to participate in interscholastic sports. The PIAA CIPPE form must be dated after May 31st and shall be effective, regardless of when performed during a school year, until the next May 31st. The CIPPE form can be picked up at the high school office or printed by clicking on this link:
After the student has completed a CIPPE Physical form, should they play another sport in another season during the same school year, they must complete a PIAA CIPPE Recertification form. The CIPPE Recertification form can be picked up at the high school office or printed by clicking on this link:
York Suburban normally offers two Sports Physical Clinics each summer. Information on these clinics is published on the website and social media. If you are unable to attend one of the clinics, below is a list of some alternatives.
WellSpan Urgent Care / Orthopedics provides convenient walk-in options for obtaining a PIAA pre-participation physical evaluation. Please be sure to bring a fully completed PIAA CIPPE form along with you. Payment is due at the time of the physical. Wait times may vary based on patient volumes at the center. Once your physical is finished, please turn your completed packet in to the high school office.
WellSpan Urgent Care Walk-In Clinics – ALL LOCATIONS
Cost (All Locations): $15
WellSpan Urgent Orthopedics – Injury Center Location
2319 S George St, York, PA 17403
(717)812-4090 / (717) 639-3120
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
400 Loucks Rd, York, PA 17404
Hours: Daily, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
(if parent prefers)
Cost: Varies based on insurance
2960 E. Market Street, York, PA 17402
Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Cost: $49 (ages 4-18)
**Information Subject to Change Without Notice**
Preparing for the Season
Any student-athlete who is planning on participating in a PIAA interscholastic sport must take care of the following BEFORE the first day of practice for the season they plan to participate.
- Submit a completed PIAA CIPPE Physical Form dated after May 31st. (Please note – the physical packet should have “Revised: March 22, 2017” in the lower left hand corner. Packets without this revision date are outdated and you may be asked to complete the form again.) PIAA CIPPE Recertification Form are not valid for fall sports, but are required for student-athletes participating in their second or third season of the school year.
- Pay the Student Activity Fee (SAF) for the current school year. The SAF can be paid online through Infinite Campus or in the Main Office of the High School or Middle School using the SAF Transmittal Form. Students who are unable to pay the fee due to financial hardship must qualify for free or reduced lunch and submit a completed SAF Waiver Request Form to the High School Office to be considered for a fee waiver.
- Fulfill any outstanding obligations (lost uniforms, books, library fines, detentions, etc.)
- HS Students: turn in a fully-completed HS Parent/Guardian/Student Sign-Off Sheet / MS Students: turn in a fully-completed MS Parent/Sign-Off Sheet. (These forms are distributed in the back-to-school packet and only need to be turned in ONCE per school year.)
Students must submit/satisfy all above items in order to participate in a sport.
Video About the Contract for Participation