High School Parent/Guardian Resources
Educational Trips for Students
Students may be excused from school attendance for up to five (5) school days per year to participate in educational tours or trips when such trips are evaluated and approved by the school principal in advance.
The trip dates may be non-contiguous but cannot be taken with the first and last ten days of the school year, nor during standardized testing windows. Print this form or pick one up at the school office and must be submitted no less than two (2) weeks prior to the trip.
There is no master supply list for high school students. Each teacher will let their students know their expectations on one of the first days that class meets.
Dress Code Reminder
Students are expected to exercise good judgment in the selection of appropriate clothing throughout the school year. *If clothing is deemed inappropriate, the student will be asked to change into acceptable attire.
- Inappropriate attire includes but is not limited to the following:
- Heavy winter jackets, hats, bandanas, hoods or other head coverings of any kind (except if worn for religious or health purposes) may not be worn or carried during instructional hours.
- Clothing which exhibits double-meaning, suggestive slogans or words, advertisements of illegal products and inappropriate products for school, or profanity.
- Gang apparel, colors, symbols, and identification items.
- Shoulder-less blouses, shirts, and dresses or those with spaghetti straps (with shoulder straps less than two-inches (2”) wide).
- Leggings, tights, and yoga pants unless worn with a covering that extends to or below the bottom of the hip.
- Displayed undergarments.
- Exposed midriffs, buttocks, or cleavage.
- Skirts and shorts that do not reach the mid-thigh.
- See-through or sheer clothing.
- Clothing with rips, holes, or tears above the lower thigh unless worn with leggings or another covering (high school). Clothing with rips, holes, or tears above the knee (middle school).
Thank you for your help in reinforcing the dress code expectations.
For answers to questions you may have, please click on our Student Handbook and the Student Code of Conduct.
District-Wide Parent/Guardian Resources
District Forms & Publications
Pre-Planned Educational Trip Form or Tour Request for Excused Absence From School Form (MUST be submitted AT LEAST 2 WEEKS prior to requested absence)
Absence Excuse Form - This is the "paper" excuse slip.
Online Absence Excuse Form are available on each building's Parent-Guardian Resources page.
Medication Form for Medication Administered by the Nurse's Office (Students are not permitted to carry prescription or OTC medicine except as permitted by Board Policy using the form below.)
Attention Parents: With the sunny weather and outside activities approaching please note the following message to keep our students Sun Safe. We encourage the application of sunscreen at home in the morning before the school day when extended outdoor activities are scheduled. We also encourage and allow sun protective clothing including hats. The PA School Code was recently amended to include sun protection measures for students. It now allows for the use of a non-aerosol topical sunscreen product by students in school. The sunscreen must be FDA approved. The parent/guardian must submit two forms which can be found below. The first form is for the parent/guardian to submit allowing the student to use the topical sunscreen. The second form is for the student to submit stating that they are aware of the proper use and safety precautions of the product and will handle it appropriately. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Resources and Information