Class of 2022 - Senior and Graduation Information
Graduation Information - Tuesday, May 24 - 7:00 PM
After a two-year hiatus, we are excited to celebrate our seniors on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 in our high school stadium with a traditional graduation ceremony. We will use this page to share information for seniors and their families through the rest of the spring.
We will once again be partnering with Lifetouch for a class photo and for individual photographs of each student as they walk across the stage. More information on how to purchase the photograph will be available in the days leading up to following the ceremony.
- Graduation (May 24) - We will celebrate the Class of 2022 at our graduation ceremony on May 24 at 7:00 PM. We plan to hold the event in our stadium, and will use the gymnasium if we have inclement weather. In the case of an outdoor ceremony, no tickets are necessary. The gates will open at 6:15 PM. If the ceremony moves indoors, each graduate will receive four tickets for the ceremony and we will have a livestream available in the auditorium for additional guests. The tickets will be given to students at graduation practice. We will also have an internet live stream available to any family and friends who are unable to attend in person.
- Graduation “Cupcake” Reception (May 24)- As in past years, we will have a brief drop-in reception for our graduates and their families following our graduation ceremony on May 24. A number of parent volunteers will be sharing light desserts in our cafeteria and families can also take a walk down memory lane and enjoy the student posters that parents have been preparing. No RSVP or reservation is required; however, if anyone would like to make an in-kind donation to help support the reception this year and in the future, please visit the Infinite Campus School Store. You can make a donation in $5 increments by “purchasing” 1 or more $5 donations. You can also write a check to York Suburban High School and please write “Cupcake” Reception on the memo line.
- York Suburban Awards Night (May 4) - On this night we recognize students, mostly seniors, who have won or received special scholarships and awards. We will host the event in our auditorium. All students who are receiving awards will be notified in late April, and students are welcome to invite as many guests as they would like to join the celebration.
- York Suburban Academic Awards (May 10) - On this night we recognize our highest academic achievers for the school year. We will host this event in our auditorium again this year. Invitations to the students who receive these recognitions and more information about the event will go out in late April. Students in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 are recognized for their academic accomplishments and/or exemplary performance in specific courses during the school year. Following the ceremony, there will be a small reception for our award winners and their guests.
- Prom (May 13) - The junior class will be hosting the prom for our senior students and their guests. The event will take place at Regents Glen Country Club. Additional Information.
Parent Tasks & Information
Senior Memory Lane Poster - Parents can begin working on Senior Posters! Information about the posters is available here.
Photo Memories - In a similar spirit to the senior posters, we want to collect additional photos of our seniors throughout their lives, especially ones from school events (field trips, classroom pics, Orange & Black day, Teddy Bear Parades, ...) Please share your favorite photos (please no more than 5). We plan to share the photos with the seniors during graduation. Please take a moment to upload those individual files here: photo upload.
Your Student’s Name -All parents should have received an email on March 29 that references how their student's name will appear on the diploma and in the graduation plan along with information on how to change it if they wish. Any parent that did not receive the email is asked to call the high school office so the school can be sure it will be displayed correctly.
Student Tasks & Information
School Belongings - Unless you are working to complete late assignments, please plan to turn in your school items to your teachers by Friday, May 20.
Chromebooks - All seniors have the option to keep their Chromebook. Students who have maintained insurance for four years may keep it for free. All other seniors can purchase it for $40. You will receive an email from Vince Henry which will update you as to which group you fall into. All seniors who are planning to keep their device should stop by the library the week of May 9 to “check it out permanently.” Any seniors planning to return their device, should plan to return it on May 17 or 18.
Cap & Gowns - Students will receive their cap and gown during graduation practice the morning of May 23. The caps and gowns were automatically ordered for all the students. Students will be able to keep their cap and gown and will need to wear it to practice on May 24 and during the graduation ceremony also on May 24.
Cap Decoration - Given that the students may keep their caps this year, students will be permitted to decorate them if they wish.
Senior Last Day of Classes - The last day of classes for seniors will be Friday, May 20. That day will operate on a 2.5 hour delay schedule for seniors due to Keystone testing for underclassmen.
Graduation Practice - If you are participating in the graduation ceremony, you are required to attend graduation practice. Practice will be from 10:30 until approximately 1:45 on Monday, May 23 and from 8:30-11:30 on Tuesday, May 24. Students are asked to arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to the starting time. In addition to practicing for the ceremony, there are a number of related events happening for the seniors including the Graduation Walkthrough, the Senior Barbeque, and the first chance to see the Senior Superlatives.
Senior Exit Survey - All seniors must complete the senior exit survey. The exit survey consists of a number of pieces of information that we collect about you before you move on to “bigger and better things.” It helps us recognize your accomplishments while also collecting information to help us evaluate our school system so as to benefit future classes of students. Please plan to complete these items by April 30. The three pieces of the survey include:
- Completing Your College Applications in Naviance. If you applied to any colleges this year, we need you to document each of your applications as accepted, rejected, waitlisted, … and also to designate the college/university you are attending. Here are the directions if you haven’t completed this step.
- Sharing your Scholarship Awards. Each year we collect information on the various scholarship awards you have earned to share as part of the graduation ceremony. Please complete this form for any scholarships you have earned including grants and scholarships from the college/university you are attending.
- Senior Destination Survey. Each year the state requires that we collect general information about future plans. This survey is designed to collect that information as well as a few other pieces of information that we can use to stay in contact with you and to plan programming for future students.