Applications Being Accepted for School Board Vacancy
August 9, 2022
Dear York Suburban Residents,
Due to a resignation approved during last night's Planning Committee meeting, there is one vacant seat on the York Suburban Board of School Directors. Therefore, we invite all interested and eligible candidates to apply using this form. Printed versions of the application are available in the Ronald Provard Education Center at 1800 Hollywood Dr, York, PA 17403. Applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2022.
More information about the qualifications for serving on the Board can be found in Policy 004. Additionally, since the vacancy is occurring during the first two years of the original term, the following will apply:
The new appointee shall serve only until the first Monday in December following the first municipal election that is scheduled for more than sixty (60) days after the vacancy occurred.
The timeline for filling the vacancy is listed below.
- Aug. 09 – Application period begins
- Aug. 17 – Applications due by 4:30 p.m.
- Aug. 18 – Applications reviewed to verify residency requirements
- Aug. 22 – Board members given applications for review
- Aug. 29 – Special Board meeting held to interview candidates and swear in an appointee
- Sep. 12 – New member is seated during a regular monthly meeting
Thank you for considering this opportunity to serve our students!